Saturday 8th September 2018, 8am.
The National Memorial Arboretum, DE13 7AR
Ample car parking is available.
There will be toilets available at the start venue.
Checkpoint 1: Branston Water Park, DE14 3HD – 16.5 miles
Hartshorne Village Hall, Derbyshire, DE11 7BE
The final cut off point for finishers will be 8pm.
Ample car parking is available.
There will be toilets available at the finish venue.
Registration will take place here between 6.00-7.30am. Every participant MUST register on the day, you will receive no race pack prior to the event.
You will be required to sign a disclaimer during registration.
Please ensure you have photo ID with you to show at registration. If you cannot provide appropriate photo ID at this point, you risk being withdrawn from the event.
Please be prepared for a full kit check at registration.
In your race pack, you will receive:
- Your running number. You must complete the back of the running number with emergency contact details and any medical conditions.
- Safety pins.
- Key event information (e.g. Go Ultra Event contact and emergency information)
- Your chip timing device
8:00am mass start. You will be starting amongst the NFW75 solos and teams.
There will be toilets at the Start & Finish venues for participants and spectators.
There will be 1 marshalled check point along the route which will include food and water supplies, and where spectators and team/support crew are able to park.
You will be kept safe throughout the event by our First Aid Crew, and will be fully supported by the Go Ultra Team and our army of volunteers.
Mandatory kit list
Please note that your safety is our key priority, however we require you to be fully prepared to look after yourself during this event, therefore you will be required to have the following with you at all times. Please be prepared for a kit check at any point during the event:
- Adequate running/trail shoes
- Water bottles and hydration bladder (enough to hold 1 litre of water)
- Spare food
- First Aid kit (basic)
- Fully charged mobile phone
- £5-10 in cash
- Reflective clothing or rear light
- Base layer
- Water/windproof layer
*Kit list could change depending on weather conditions
- The race takes place on public paths, live roads and shared access trails. Every participant runs at their own risk and must be cautious and vigilant at all times.
- You will be running on roads, so ensure you run facing the traffic (in single file) and look both ways when crossing roads (double check when you are fatigued).
- We do not recommend using iPod and music devices due to running on roads, if you choose to do this, it is at your own risk.
- We recommend you wear bright, hi-visibility clothing for the duration of the event.
- Ensure that you carry mandatory kit with you at all times.
- The route will be marked and you must follow the National Forest Way as it runs over private land.
- Please respect the National Forest and ensure that you dispose of any rubbish at relevant checkpoints, there will be bins provided.
- In the event of an emergency, either contact the Go Ultra Events Race Team or Medical Team on the number provided in your Race pack, or call 999.
- Weather conditions may dictate what mandatory kit and water is needed, the Go Ultra Events Race Team will be in contact with you prior to the event if this is necessary.
Solo runners are to complete the entire route alone, with no outside help, except of that from the Go Ultra Events Race Team at the designated check points.
We will not allow cheating of any kind. Anyone caught trying to cheat will be disqualified from the event, and subsequently your team will also be disqualified if you are a team runner.
There will be First Aid available for the duration of the event. If you need any assistance on the course, or see a fellow participant requiring medical attention, please report this to a member of the Go Ultra Events Race Team out on the course.